Signs That Our Pet May Not Be Totally Healthy
Although I am no expert, I have over the years noticed that there are a few simple signs that we can watch for to determine whether our pets are not 100% healthy. In addition, there are some simple signs we can look for to see if they are getting enough nutrition.
Of course, it goes without saying, these are not the end all and be all of signs and symptoms. There can be literally hundreds of symptoms and ultimately, the only way you can really identify problems is with the help of a veterinarian, preferably a holistic veterinarian.
Diet has the single most impact on health and well being. As a result, and as the title of these book suggests,
pets need wholesome food also. Feeding a wholesome diet is foundation to helping our pets be as healthy as possible.
- excessive itching and scratching
- skin is dark or darker
- weak hind legs
- hair loss
These symptoms generally speaking indicate that the kidneys are not able to keep up with all of the work. Therefore, toxins are eliminated through the skin. In the case of weak hind legs, this happens because there is pain or discomfort in the kidneys.
My suggestion is to begin a routine that supports the kidneys, liver and lymphatic system. Most people ignore the lymphatic system, but considering it takes the lymphatic system 24 hours to drain 1 inch (2.54 cm), it's advisable to give some extra help to the lymphatic system.
Most people ignore the color of the skin, but I have seen the color of the skin revert to a more natural color after the body has been given kidney support.
- scratching around the eyes, behind the ears, based of the tail and stomach
You can help allergies by improving digestion, elimination of toxins and by using some simple allergy remedies.
If you notice that your pet's energy, behaviour and overall demeanor changes then chances are that something is wrong.
It's never too late to begin helping your pet.
Become aware of your pet and any changes that may occur.
Notes About Liver Functions
The liver performs more metabolic functions than any other organ in the body. The liver is also a great storehouse for vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients.
Liver functions may be divided into three major categories:
- the vascular function of filtering and storing blood
- the metabolic function involved intimately with the majority of metabolic systems in the body
- the secretory and excretory functions responsible for forming the bile that flows from the liver and released in the gastrointestinal tract
The liver is considered the main organ of detoxification.
Just Some Thoughts
I thought I would share with you a few thoughts about health concerns.
- Thoughts About Detoxification
- Aiding Detoxification
- Review Of Detoxification
- Taurine and Other Benefits of Raw Meat
- Information About Vegetables
- Information About Fruits
- Pet Supplements I Use
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Dog and Cat Flea Problems
- Minor Cuts and Sores
- Natural Antibiotics
- Skin and Coat Problems
- Teething Puppy
- Glandular Therapy
- Pet Allergies
- Signs Our Pets May Not Be 100% Healthy
- Thought About Health Concerns
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Homeopathic First Aid
- Diabetes and Pets
- Poison — What Can Poison Our Pets
- Pets With Cancer
- Dangers of Vaccinations
- Skin Care: Chemicals and Synthetics
- Skin Care For Pets — Shampoos and Oils
- Herbs For The Skin and Body
- Summary of Homemade Pet Food