Part 5: Can I Feed Later at Night?
I forgot to mention my schedule is whacky... I'm mostly home around 6–7 but sometimes I'm not home until 8pm or so. What do you do if you know you are going to be home real late?
Sometimes, I don't feed my cats until 10 PM. It's no problem. I feed them when I get home. With one good meal, Bekkie Boo Boo will be completely content in the morning. So in the morning, you will have more time to do the things you need to do before leaving for work.
Once Bekkie Boo Boo gets into the routine, feeding late won't be a problem. The hardest day will be the first day. But by the second day, she will be hungry and will eat more at her meal, thus allowing her to be content.
Ultimately, feeding once per day is no problem. I've had numerous people be hesitant about it, only to appreciate it once they saw how their pet responded... and how it gave them more spare time (:
Questions That Have Been Asked
- Ask Jesse
- How Can I Help My Cat Eat More?
- Is Feeding Chicken With Bones A Good Source of Calcium, Iron and Potassium?
- Part 1: Meet Bekkie Boo Boo and Her Ear Mites
- Part 2: Bekkie Boo Boo Has Had Cystitis Before
- Part 3: Can I Feed Too Much Raw Meat or Protein
- Part 4: Things Make Sense
- Helping Others Help Their Pets With Love
- Part 6: She Caught A Mouse — I'm Concerned About Parasites
- Part 7: She Likes Meat Straight From The Package
- Boomer Part 1: Do I Have To Add Calcium To Fish?
- Boomer Part 2: Cooked Meat and Calcium
- Boomer Part 3: Should You Change The Diet As A Pet Gets Older
- Boomer Part 4: How Often Can I Feed Raw Fish
- Three Questions About Calcium For Pets
- What Can Be Done To Help Severe Demodectic Mange?
- Nancy Question 1 — What Cut of Beef Should I Feed?
- Nancy Question 2 — My Dog Has Bad Gas!
- Calcium Citrate versus Ground Egg Shells
- Diatomaceous earth and worms