I received my Bachelor's of Science in 1981 in Microbiology from the University of Florida and I am a 1985 graduate of the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine. After four years of practicing conventional medicine, I realized that there was little that could be done to truly help those suffering from chronic diseases. I began to look beyond the
box of my training and learned that through improved nutrition many of my patients were
cured of chronic skin and digestive disorders. Unfortunately most of my clients were more interested in
quick fixes. With growing frustration and dissatisfaction, I left my clinical practice in 1991 to commit myself entirely to holistic healing. Over the ensuing years, I have studied most of the alternative modalities to some extent. I utilize Classical Homeopathy, Homotoxicology and Veterinary Orthopedic Manipulation as my primary modalities. In pursuing my education, I have studied with Lou Klein, Jeremy Sherr, Dr. Rajesh Shah, the Predictive School of Homeopathy, Dr. William Ingram and a variety of other teachers. I have been a member of the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association and National Center for Homeopathy for many years.
On the personal side, I have a house call holistic veterinary practice in south Florida where I have lived since 1965. I also offer phone consultations to people and pets not in the local area. I am married and have four children. My wife, Lisa, and I are home schooling our three youngest children. Our eldest daughter is in college. I have written many articles and spoken countless times to a variety of groups on the topics of holistic health care and nutrition. I am continuously striving to improve my understanding of disease and health and how one becomes the other.
- Russell Swift, DVM, Classical Homeopath
Feel Free To Read Another Article
Feel free to read another article or continue exploring the rest of my web site. Remember, you can also visit my question and answers also.
- Holistic Pet Health Articles
- Introduction To Natural Health And Nutrition For Pets
- Nutrition — The Raw Truth
- The Real Poop On Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Chronic Renal Failure
- Clearing The Air About Flatulence
- Weight Loss: Is Your Pet Ready For Bikini Season?
- Seizure Disorders And Homeopathy
- Homeopathy And Behavioral Problems
- Vegetarian Feeding Of Dogs And Cats
- Pet Allergies
- Thunder and Lightning, Very Frightening, Or Not?
- Blood Tests: But The Tests Were Okay!
- Pet Dentistry: Filling You In On Dental Care
- Holistic Healing: Commitment or Commodity?
- Rimadyl — Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
- Flea Free Naturally
- Of Worms and Germs
- Not All That Itches Are Fleas
- Effects Of Symptom Suppression
- A Homeopath's Perspective On Topical Therapy
- Genes And Proteins: The Stuff Of Life
- Miasms — A Modern Understanding
- Vaccines — Good Medicine Or Bad Advice?
- Herings Law of Healing
- Causes Of Symptoms
- About Dr. Swift, DVM